This model describes the electrical behaviors of a three-terminal device, where a perpendicular-anisotropy magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ) is fabricated above a heavy-metal stripe. The following effects are taken into account by this model: i) the spin transfer torque (STT) induced by a current flowing through the MTJ; ii) the asymmetry of the STT efficiency between two switching directions; iii) the damping-like and field-like spin orbit torque (SOT) induced by a current passing the heavy-metal stripe; iv) the torque induced by the external magnetic field or exchange bias; v) the dependence of the TMR ratio on the bias voltage; vi) the relationship between the MTJ resistance and the magnetization polar angle. This model can be used to simulate the three-terminal MTJ-based non-volatile memory and logic circuits.
1. Spintronics Interdisciplinary Center, Beihang University, Beijing 100191, China
2. Institut d'Electronique Fondamentale, CNRS UMR 8622, University of Paris-Sud 11, 91405 Orsay, France
Download model file (Click to see download counts)
Download manual file (Click to see download counts)
NOTICE: if you cannot download with Chrome, please allow the pop-up window to be shown for this site, or open the download link in a new tab. If neither of the option work, please try to use internet explorer to download.
1. Z. Wang, W. Zhao, E. Deng, J. O. Klein, and C. Chappert, "Perpendicular-anisotropy magnetic tunnel junction switched by spin-Hall-assisted spin-transfer torque," J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 065001, 2015. DOI: 10.1088/0022-3727/48/6/065001
2. Z. Wang, L. Zhang, M. Wang, Z. Wang, D. Zhu, Y. Zhang, and W. Zhao. "High-Density NAND-Like Spin Transfer Torque Memory With Spin Orbit Torque Erase Operation," IEEE Electron Device Lett., vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 343-346, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/LED.2018.2795039
3. Zhaohao Wang. Compact modeling and circuit design based on ferroelectric tunnel junction and spin-Hall-assisted spin-transfer torque. Thesis, Universite Paris-Saclay, 2015.
Have any other questions? Send an e-mail to us!